OPTICAL MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION COURSE
About the Optical Management Certification Course
The Optical Management Certification Course (OPTMC) is accredited by the Accreditation by the Higher Education Committee (AHEC). OPTMC is a unique 8-week program designed to provide ODs/MDs, opticians, optical staff and optical managers with the skills necessary to manage a successful and profitable optical. The program focuses on frame management, assortment management and building custom tools to take your optical to the next level.
- Learn how to successfully manage an optical, including independent private practices, optical boutiques, separate optical dispensaries and luxury optical.
- Develop the proficiencies necessary to run an optical, including different business models and how to apply and review metrics critical to success.
- Learn how to identify what a buyer wants, set up selling strategies, create and maintain frame board management, as well as other important strategies necessary to run a successful and profitable optical.
The 2024 Spring Session will be held from February 27 to May 3.
This is an 8-week program. Each week there will be one 1-hour live online seminar held on Tuesdays. There will be weekly exercises, two quizzes, and one final exam.
Attendees will receive a Zoom link to watch the live sessions in real-time which due to the nature of this program’s hands-on content, it is STRONGLY encouraged to be present and available for all LIVE sessions. All live sessions will be recorded and posted for attendees to review the following day and throughout the program.
- Week 1: Price Point Assortment
- Week 2: Turn Rate
- Week 3: Frame Board Management
- Week 4: Optical Frame Business / Quiz
- Week 5: Lens Mark-up Strategy
- Week 6: Lab Comparison
- Week 7: Selling Strategies
- Week 8: Optical Lens Business / Quiz / Exam Review
Cost to Attend
- PECAA Max Members: $795 per person
- HEA Advantage Members: $995 per person
- Non-Members: $1,195 per person
Exercises, Quizzes & Final Exam Information
All exercises, quizzes and the final exam are fill-in-the-blank. Students will have one opportunity to correct exercises and quizzes.
Each week, students are responsible for completing assigned exercises. The exercises are due the following Tuesday from when assigned.
There will be two quizzes throughout the program.
- Quiz One: Week 4
- Quiz 2: Week 8
- Final Exam
The final exam is custom to each student and is due a week after assigned. The final exam can only be taken once.
Earning Your Certificate
Each participant must receive at least 80% on all eight exercises, both quizzes and final exam to qualify to earn a certificate.
Optical Management Certification Course Creator/Instructor
Kayla Groves, PECAA Optical Management Advisor
Kayla is a highly accomplished eye care professional with more than 16 years of experience in the Optical industry. She has successfully run several Optometry practices, including her own private practice, and she has had the opportunity to work one-on-one with hundreds of Optometry practices. Kayla specializes in optical management and can help you with all your optical needs.