OFFICE MANAGER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The first of its kind to feature education, testing, certification and continued enhancement and support, the OMCC (Office Manager Certification Course) is accredited by The University of Houston, College of Optometry. The program delivers critical information and training to ensure your practice excels through the efforts of your entire staff.
The Office Manager Certification Course is a 12-hour program that enables attendees to master the skills necessary to excel as an Office Manager in an Eye Care practice. The courses are taught via webinar and once attendees complete the program, they must pass a rigorous exam to ensure they have attained the skills required to receive the designation of 'Certified Office Manager.'
OMCC Alums Share Their Stories
- Managing staff: evaluation, hiring, dismissing, motivating staff, stress management in the office
- Delegation of authority: prioritization, accountability
- Timeline management: staff scheduling, patient scheduling
- Meeting management: agenda setting, delegation of reporting responsibilities
- Day to day operations: accounting, budgets, managing expenditures
- Office organization and systems structure
- Legal and ethical aspects of management
- Improving financial performance: fees, credits and collections
- Goal setting
- Handling difficult people
- Handling difficult situations
- August 1, 2023: Course 1: Introduction to OMCC / Accounting Principles
- August 8, 2023: Course 2: Budgeting and Managing Money
- August 15, 2023: Course 3: Improving Financial Performance
- September 9, 2023: Course 4: Managing Staff part 1
- September 12, 2023: Course 5: Managing Staff part 2
- September 19, 2023: Course 6: Managing Staff part 3
- October 3, 2023: Course 7: Managing Staff part 4
- October 10, 2023: Course 8: Managing Staff part 5
- November 7, 2023: Course 9: Legal and Ethical Aspects of Management
- November 14, 2023: Course 10: Handling Difficult People and Situations
- December 5, 2023: Course 11: Effective Delegation
- December 12, 2023: Course 12: Review and Certification Test
- December 12-15, 2023: Final Test
Registration fees are $495 for PECAA Max members, $695 for HEA Advantage members and $795 for non-PECAA members.
During the live session, attendees will receive a link to watch a webinar in real-time which will allow them the opportunity to ask questions and receive immediate responses from the instructor. All webinars will be recorded and posted for attendees to review the following day.
If you don’t have time to watch the webinars in real-time, we now offer a remote version of the OMCC, which is available now! Take the course at your own pace and still receive the same information and support you would during the live session.
The on-demand session runs year-round with testing done in March, June, September and December.
The program costs $495 for PECAA Max Members, $695 for PECAA Advantage (HEA) members and $795 for non-PECAA members.
Has your OMCC Certificate expired? Graduates of the OMCC program receive a certificate that's valid for 3 years. That means if you graduated from the OMCC program 2020 or before — this is for you.
The good news is, you can get recertified at a discounted rate through our accelerated 6-video recertification course, which you can take at your own pace through our on-demand video series.
PECAA Max members can register for the course for $295. Both PECAA Advantage and non-PECAA members can register for $495.
What Members Are Saying About the OMCC
Valerie Manso ‐ PECAA Director of Staff Education, ABOC, FNAO, ALB, ACB
Valerie Manso has presented thousands of hours in continuing education for Optometrists, Opticians and Paraoptometric Technicians at venues such as Vision Expo East and West, SECO, Heart of America, East West Congress and many more.