PECAA HEALTH PLAN
A Forward-Thinking Health Care Strategy
Leverage PECAA’s group buying power to take advantage of a Member-only health care solution at competitive rates through a private, non-profit, level-funded benefits plan.
Take Advantage of PECAA’s Association Health Plan
PECAA HP is a Member-exclusive health benefits solution that provides affordable health care coverage for you and your employees.
With insurance premiums on the rise and no end in sight, PECAA HP was developed to help Member practices gain control of their expenses while providing quality benefits to employees – helping your practice attract and retain a quality team.
Leverage PECAA’s group purchasing power to obtain health care benefits at competitive rates, no matter your individual practice size.
Why A Level-Funded Program?
A level-funded health plan is a type of plan that combines the cost savings and customization of self-funding with the financial safety and predictability of traditional, fully insured plans. Level funding was previously available only to large employers, but not anymore. Experience the advantages of level-funding through PECAA HP without taking on added risk.
- Various plan design options make it easy for you to find the right fit for your practice.
- An experienced team is always ready to provide expertise before, during, and after you’ve chosen your plan.
Key Advantages of Level-Funding
One Predictable Monthly Payment
Your monthly payment is determined up front and is guaranteed not to increase for a full year as long as there are no changes to your group’s benefits or enrollment.
Plan Administration & Account Management
Payments of claims, customer service, and reporting is all done for you, leaving you to focus on your practice.
All plans satisfy minimum essential coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Full Coverage for Preventative Services
Preventative services are covered 100% when received from in-network providers.
Choose Your Plan
Available Benefit Options
A Preferred Provider Organization plan is a level-funded health insurance plan.
Unlike with fully insured plans, employers that do not meet the underlying medical underwriting requirements can be turned down.
- Requires medical underwriting through census data.
- Rates can be 20% less than fully insured health plans.
- Various networks are offered throughout the country.
An Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement, or ICHRA, is a group insurance option that empowers employees to choose their own medical plan while still allowing employers to contribute to the cost of premiums:
- Takes the employer out of the middle of employee health care concerns.
- Cost effective way to control health insurance costs.
- No minimum participation requirements, unlike many employer-based plans.
- Allows employer to contribute different levels of premium assistance based on employee class.
An Individualized Health Plan or IHP is a Limited Day Medical Plan with limitations on coverage. Medical underwriting relies on census data and may reject high-risk groups. Features include:
- Zero-dollar deductibles, except for the HSA plan.
- Affordability with low premiums.
- Utilization of the PHCS/Multi-Plan network as the Nationwide PPO Physician Network.
- Requirement for most outpatient services to be done at freestanding clinics, not hospitals, with some exceptions.
- Plan limits for number of annual doctor visits, hospital days, and outpatient services.
Quotes & Enrollment
Pick The Plan And Rate That Meets Your Needs
Discover more about our exciting plan options and find the perfect fit for both you and your practice. We’re confident you’ll find at least one plan that will meet your unique needs.
Not Sure Which Plan To Choose?
Complete the benefits request form below to have quotes for all three plans generated, and we will make a recommendation for your practice’s needs.
Use the “Request Benefits” link below to see if your practice qualifies. This brief two-page form will help us better understand the needs of your practice. You will be notified within 48 hours if your practice is approved.
Anderson Thornton Consultants will guide you through all the paperwork that is necessary for you to enroll in PECAA HP.*
*Please note that you must maintain a PECAA Membership and be in good standing to qualify for the PECAA HP plan.