Optometric Billing & Coding Support for PECAA Members
PECAA’s Billing & Coding Program offers assistance to eye care professionals to help enhance claim submission, coding and revenue cycle processes to improve practice efficiency, profitability and compliance.
Having consistent optical billing processes makes a big difference in receiving timely and accurate payments. Our Billing & Coding Advisors can help your eye care practice navigate through these processes by:
- Understanding individual payer policies for successful claim submission
- Advising on efficient and effective billing processes
- Understanding the explanation of payment from insurance payers
- Effective claims resolution and denial management
- Remaining up to date on CMS rules and regulations to keep your billing practices compliant
Our Billing & Coding consultants will keep you current on information related to CPT, ICD-10 and Quality Payment Initiatives.
- Optical coding support
- Proper modifier usage
- Documentation for compliance
- ICD-10-CM support
- Understanding Quality Reporting requirements
Revenue Cycle Management
The Billing & Coding Program offers recommendations to achieve complete and predictable claim cycle management in these areas:
- Insurance verification process
- Patient revenue capture at the time of service
- Optimizing the claim cycle workflow
- Monitoring and managing accounts receivables
- Managing aging patient balances
Meet Your Advisors
Teri Thurston, Billing & Coding Manager, PECAA
PECAA’s Billing and Coding Manager Teri Thurston has over twenty years experience in the Eye Care industry and has held various positions within the optometric industry. Teri has over 10 years experience as the Billing Manager for a 10 location ophthalmology and optometry practice. She has extensive experience with all claim management processes and is knowledgeable in both medical and vision coding. She has implemented various billing workflows and technologies including several practice management conversions and a recent implementation of a paperless PM/EHR system. She has a solution-focused approach to change and devises billing processes that have sustainable outcomes. She is passionate about developing methods that increase time efficiencies and reduce costs. Her patient and kind approach to problem solving make her easy to work with and approachable.
Libby MacFarland, Billing & Coding Advisor, PECAA
Libby comes to PECAA with over 8 years of experience in the optometric industry, 4 of them being with a large 10-location organization working in the billing department. Her knowledge is extensive in optometry billing and coding, optical billing and coding, collection procedures and MIPS.