Billing & Coding Support for PECAA Members
PECAA’s Billing & Coding Program offers assistance to Members to enhance their claim submission, coding and revenue cycle processes to improve practice efficiency, profitability and compliance.
Having consistent billing processes make a big difference in receiving timely and accurate payments. The Billing & Coding Program can help your practice navigate through these process by:
- Understanding individual payer policies for successful claim submission
- Advising on efficient and effective billing processes
- Understanding the explanation of payment from insurance payers
- Effective claims resolution and denial management
- Remaining up to date on CMS rules and regulations to keep your billing practices compliant
The Billing & Coding Program will keep you current on information related to CPT, ICD-10 and Quality Payment Initiatives.
- Coding support
- Proper modifier usage
- Documentation for compliance
- ICD-10-CM support
- Understanding Quality Reporting requirements
Revenue Cycle Management
The Billing & Coding Program offers recommendation to achieve complete and predictable claim cycle management in these areas:
- Insurance verification process
- Patient revenue capture at the time of service
- Optimizing the claim cycle workflow
- Monitoring and managing accounts receivables
- Managing aging patient balances
Meet Our Specialist
Teri Thurston, Billing & Coding Manager, PECAA
PECAA’s Billing and Coding Manager Teri Thurston, has over twenty years experience in the Eye Care industry and has held various positions within the industry. Teri has over 10 years experience as the Billing Manager for a 10 location ophthalmology and optometry practice. She has extensive experience with all claim management processes and is knowledgeable in both medical and vision coding. She has implemented various billing workflows and technologies including several practice management conversions and a recent implementation of a paperless PM/EHR system. She has a solution-focused approach to change and devises billing processes that have sustainable outcomes. She is passionate about developing methods that increase time efficiencies and reduce costs. Her patient and kind approach to problem solving make her easy to work with and approachable.